Publication Date: August 24, 2009
Subject: Training Recording - National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) Aggregate Loan Calculation (Updated March 16, 2011)
Summary: This letter announces Federal Student Aid’s recorded training session on the methodology Federal Student Aid uses to calculate aggregate loan limits reported in the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)
Note: This announcement was updated on March 16, 2011 to provide a new link to the training materials.
We are pleased to announce the availability of a recorded training session that focuses on the methodology Federal Student Aid uses to calculate aggregate loan limits reported in the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). This one-hour training is intended for individuals on the financial aid staff who have an intermediate level of knowledge regarding student eligibility and the NSLDS.
The recorded training session covers the following topics:
- Identification of loan types included in the NSLDS aggregate loan limit calculation and loan types excluded from the calculation
- Calculation of aggregate loan limits using the NSLDS methodology
- Determination of student eligibility using NSLDS aggregate loan limit information
- Recalculation of aggregate loan limits using the NSLDS methodology to reflect changes in a student’s loan portfolio
- Demonstration of NSLDS screens to assist with more accurate research
No registration is required to view the recorded training session. To view the session, click on this link:
To view the PowerPoint slides, participant workbook, and transcript for the recorded training session, click on this link:
Note: Frequent references to the participant workbook are made throughout the recorded training session. For this reason, it is important for trainees to download the participant workbook before beginning the training.
Thank you for your continued interest in and support of our training efforts. If you have questions about this training opportunity, please contact Bruce Honer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service Director, Operations
Federal Student Aid