William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program awards are processed through the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System.
Operational communications and guidance, technical documents, and related information specific to the Direct Loan Program and the processing of Direct Loan awards through the COD System are provided on this page. Electronic Announcements about Direct Loans are available below. Related resource information is available on the right side of this page.
To access the COD System page, click here.
To access the Grants page, click here.
To access the EDESuite page, click here.
- 08/29/2014 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 08/22/2014 - (Direct Loans) Subject: Direct Loan Processing Information: Workaround to Resolve Issue with COD Reject Edit 205 and Loan Period Adjustments
- 08/22/2014 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 08/19/2014 - (General) Subject: Labor Day Federal Holiday Processing and Customer Service Hours
- 08/18/2014 - (General) Subject: Volume 2 - School Eligibility and Operations [2014-2015 Federal Student Aid Handbook]
- 08/18/2014 - (EDESuite) Subject: Issue Alert: EDExpress 2014-2015, Release 3.0 Update Available to Resolve Issue with Adjusted Direct Loan Anticipated Disbursements
- 08/14/2014 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 08/08/2014 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 08/04/2014 - (Direct Loans) Subject: Revised Master Promissory Notes for Direct Subsidized Loans, Direct Unsubsidized Loans, and Direct PLUS Loans (Paper Versions)
- 08/01/2014 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 07/31/2014 - (Loans) Subject: Loan Servicing Information - Need Financial Aid Community's Assistance in Stopping Misdirected Loan Payments to Discontinued ACS (Xerox) Payment Mailbox
- 07/30/2014 - (General) Subject: Errata and Updates - Volume 3 - Calculating Awards & Packaging [2014-2015 Federal Student Aid Handbook]
- 07/25/2014 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 07/23/2014 - (General) Subject: Availability of the New NSLDS Enrollment Spreadsheet Submittal Format and Updated NSLDS Enrollment Reporting Guide (July 2014)
- 07/23/2014 - (General) Subject: TPD Discharge Information - SAIG Service for Total and Permanent Disability Discharge Loan Holder Notification File Delivery Now Available for FFEL Program Guaranty Agencies
Direct Loan Processing Information
Links to information about Direct Loan processing
New Direct Loan Schools
Links to information for potential and new Direct Loan schools
Links to information for foreign schools
Links to information for default prevention
Links to COD System computer-based training
Direct Loan School Guide
Links to guide for Direct Loan schools