William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program awards are processed through the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System.
Operational communications and guidance, technical documents, and related information specific to the Direct Loan Program and the processing of Direct Loan awards through the COD System are provided on this page. Electronic Announcements about Direct Loans are available below. Related resource information is available on the right side of this page.
To access the COD System page, click here.
To access the Grants page, click here.
To access the EDESuite page, click here.
- 11/24/2015 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 11/23/2015 - (COD System) Subject: 2016-2017 COD Technical Reference
- 11/20/2015 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 11/19/2015 - (COD System) Subject: COD School Testing for the 2016-2017 Award Year
- 11/17/2015 - (General) Subject: Title IV Aid Disbursement Reporting, Excess Cash, and Reconciliation Requirements
- 11/13/2015 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 11/13/2015 - (General) Subject: Reminder: Active Confirmation of TG Numbers (SAIG Mailboxes) and Electronic Services User Accounts Required by December 11, 2015 to Maintain Access to Federal Student Aid Systems
- 11/13/2015 - (General) Subject: Thanksgiving Day Federal Holiday Processing and Customer Service Hours
- 11/10/2015 - (General) Subject: OUTAGE ALERT - G5 System Outage November 19-23, 2015, Impact to Federal Student Aid Processing and on Funds Availability for Title IV Programs (Updated November 18, 2015)
- 11/06/2015 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 11/06/2015 - (General) Subject: FSA ID/PIN Replacement - E-mail Notifications to Encourage FSA ID Creation Prior to Completing 2016-2017 FAFSA
- 11/03/2015 - (Loans) Subject: Loan Servicing and Collection Information - Frequently Asked Questions Now Available
- 10/30/2015 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 10/28/2015 - (General) Subject: Veterans Day Federal Holiday Processing and Customer Service Hours
- 10/27/2015 - (General) Subject: Complete 2015-2016 Federal Student Aid Handbook with Active Index
Direct Loan Processing Information
Links to information about Direct Loan processing
Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Codes
New Direct Loan Schools
Links to information for potential and new Direct Loan schools
Links to information for foreign schools
Links to information for default prevention
Links to COD System computer-based training