William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program awards are processed through the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System.
Operational communications and guidance, technical documents, and related information specific to the Direct Loan Program and the processing of Direct Loan awards through the COD System are provided on this page. Electronic Announcements about Direct Loans are available below. Related resource information is available on the right side of this page.
To access the COD System page, click here.
To access the Grants page, click here.
To access the EDESuite page, click here.
- 02/27/2015 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 02/27/2015 - (Direct Loans) Subject: Direct PLUS Loan Changes - System Changes for the Determination of Adverse Credit History and the Duration of a Credit Check (from 90 Days to 180 Days) to be Implemented March 27-29, 2015
- 02/27/2015 - (Direct Loans) Subject: Direct PLUS Loan Changes - COD System Changes for PLUS Counseling to be Implemented March 27-29, 2015
- 02/27/2015 - (Loans) Subject: Notice to Guaranty Agencies Regarding Modifications to Overpayment Layout Portion of Loan Consolidation Adjustment Payoff Manifests
- 02/26/2015 - (General) Subject: Upcoming SAIG Message Class File Update
- 02/23/2015 - (Loans) Subject: FY 2012 3-Year Draft Cohort Default Rates Distributed February 23, 2015
- 02/20/2015 - (General) Subject: Appendix F - Institutional Reporting and Disclosure Requirements for Federal Student Assistance Programs [2014-2015 Federal Student Aid Handbook]
- 02/20/2015 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 02/13/2015 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 02/12/2015 - (Direct Loans) Subject: Updated Guidance on Making Direct Loan Refunds of Cash
- 02/11/2015 - (Gainful Employment) Subject: Gainful Employment Electronic Announcement #52 - NSLDS Functionality Now Available for Voluntary Gainful Employment Reporting
- 02/09/2015 - (General) Subject: Application and Verification Guide [2015-2016 Federal Student Aid Handbook]
- 02/09/2015 - (Loans) Subject: FY 2012 3-Year Draft Cohort Default Rates Release Scheduled for February 2015
- 02/06/2015 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 02/04/2015 - (EDESuite) Subject: Beta Test Volunteers Needed for EDExpress 2015-2016, Release 2.0
Direct Loan Processing Information
Links to information about Direct Loan processing
Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Codes
New Direct Loan Schools
Links to information for potential and new Direct Loan schools
Links to information for foreign schools
Links to information for default prevention
Links to COD System computer-based training
Direct Loan School Guide
Links to guide for Direct Loan schools