William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program awards are processed through the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System.
Operational communications and guidance, technical documents, and related information specific to the Direct Loan Program and the processing of Direct Loan awards through the COD System are provided on this page. Electronic Announcements about Direct Loans are available below. Related resource information is available on the right side of this page.
To access the COD System page, click here.
To access the Grants page, click here.
To access the EDESuite page, click here.
- 02/05/2016 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 02/05/2016 - (Direct Loans) Subject: Direct Loan Closeout Information for 2014-2015 Program Year
- 02/05/2016 - (General) Subject: Washington's Birthday Federal Holiday Processing and Customer Service Hours
- 02/01/2016 - (General) Subject: OUTAGE ALERT - G5 System Outage February 17-22, 2016, Impact to Federal Student Aid Processing and on Funds Availability for Title IV Programs
- 01/29/2016 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 01/22/2016 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 01/22/2016 - (General) Subject: Errata and Updates - Appendices [2015-2016 Federal Student Aid Handbook]
- 01/22/2016 - (EDESuite) Subject: Testing of Microsoft Windows 8 Operating System with EDESuite PC Products
- 01/20/2016 - (Loans) Subject: Loan Servicing Information - Temporary Closures of Federal Loan Servicing Centers Due to Hazardous Weather Conditions
- 01/19/2016 - (OPE Announcements) Subject: 2016-2017 Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- 01/19/2016 - (Loans) Subject: Loan Servicing Information - Reporting Student Loan Interest Payments for 2015
- 01/15/2016 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 01/15/2016 - (General) Subject: Forthcoming SAIG Updates
- 01/14/2016 - (EDESuite) Subject: Beta Test Volunteers Needed for EDExpress 2016-2017, Release 2.0
- 01/08/2016 - (General) Subject: Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. Federal Holiday Processing and Customer Service Hours
Direct Loan Processing Information
Links to information about Direct Loan processing
Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Codes
New Direct Loan Schools
Links to information for potential and new Direct Loan schools
Links to information for foreign schools
Links to information for default prevention
Links to COD System computer-based training