William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program awards are processed through the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System.
Operational communications and guidance, technical documents, and related information specific to the Direct Loan Program and the processing of Direct Loan awards through the COD System are provided on this page. Electronic Announcements about Direct Loans are available below. Related resource information is available on the right side of this page.
To access the COD System page, click here.
To access the Grants page, click here.
To access the EDESuite page, click here.
- 03/07/2014 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 03/05/2014 - (General) Subject: TPD Discharge Information - Total and Permanent Disability Discharge Processing Reminders
- 02/28/2014 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 02/28/2014 - (COD System) Subject: 150% Direct Subsidized Loan Limit: Electronic Announcement #10 - COD System Readiness for Reporting Non-Credential Teacher Certification Programs for 2013-2014 and Prior
- 02/28/2014 - (Loans) Subject: New Direct Consolidation Loan Process Information - Additional Guidance for FFEL Program Lenders and Lender Servicers
- 02/28/2014 - (Loans) Subject: New Direct Consolidation Loan Process Information - Continued Use of Current Forms Until Revised Forms Are Approved by OMB
- 02/28/2014 - (General) Subject: Upcoming SAIG Message Class File Update
- 02/27/2014 - (Loans) Subject: 150% Direct Subsidized Loan Limit: Electronic Announcement #9 - Availability of New NSLDS Enrollment Reporting File Layouts (UPDATED)
- 02/27/2014 - (COD System) Subject: 2014-2015 COD Technical Reference (February 2014 Update)
- 02/27/2014 - (Loans) Subject: Loan Servicing Information - Quarterly Customer Satisfaction Surveys Begin March 3, 2014
- 02/26/2014 - (Direct Loans) Subject: Direct Loan Processing Information - Discontinuation of Paper Check Processing for Direct Loan Refunds of Cash Beginning January 1, 2015
- 02/25/2014 - (Loans) Subject: Loan Servicing Information - Sallie Mae to Separate Into Two Companies
- 02/24/2014 - (General) Subject: Reminder to Institutions of NSLDS Enrollment Reporting Responsibilities
- 02/21/2014 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 02/18/2014 - (Loans) Subject: FY 2011 3-Year Draft Cohort Default Rates Distributed February 18, 2014
Direct Loan Processing Information
Links to information about Direct Loan processing
New Direct Loan Schools
Links to information for potential and new Direct Loan schools
Links to information for foreign schools
Links to information for default prevention
Links to COD System computer-based training
Direct Loan School Guide
Links to guide for Direct Loan schools