William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program awards are processed through the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System.
Operational communications and guidance, technical documents, and related information specific to the Direct Loan Program and the processing of Direct Loan awards through the COD System are provided on this page. Electronic Announcements about Direct Loans are available below. Related resource information is available on the right side of this page.
To access the COD System page, click here.
To access the Grants page, click here.
To access the EDESuite page, click here.
- 11/26/2014 - (Loans) Subject: Loan Servicing Information - Update on Loan Servicing Process Changes
- 11/25/2014 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 11/25/2014 - (COD System) Subject: 2015-2016 COD Technical Reference
- 11/24/2014 - (COD System) Subject: Additional COD System Implementation for 2014-2015 Award Year
- 11/24/2014 - (COD System) Subject: COD School Testing for the 2015-2016 Award Year
- 11/21/2014 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 11/21/2014 - (COD System) Subject: COD Common Record XML Schema Version 4.0b Now Available
- 11/21/2014 - (Direct Loans) Subject: William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program Reconciliation
- 11/21/2014 - (COD System) Subject: 150% Direct Subsidized Loan Limit: Electronic Announcement #16 - Important Reminders About COD Reporting Responsibilities for 150% Calculations
- 11/14/2014 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 11/14/2014 - (General) Subject: Thanksgiving Day Federal Holiday Processing and Customer Service Hours
- 11/12/2014 - (General) Subject: Complete 2014-2015 Federal Student Aid Handbook with Index Linked to Entries
- 11/10/2014 - (General) Subject: Reminder: Active Confirmation of TG Numbers (SAIG Mailboxes) and Electronic Services User Accounts Required by December 12, 2014 to Maintain Access to Federal Student Aid Systems
- 11/07/2014 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 11/06/2014 - (General) Subject: Errata and Updates - Application and Verification Guide [2014-2015 Federal Student Aid Handbook]
Direct Loan Processing Information
Links to information about Direct Loan processing
Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Codes
New Direct Loan Schools
Links to information for potential and new Direct Loan schools
Links to information for foreign schools
Links to information for default prevention
Links to COD System computer-based training
Direct Loan School Guide
Links to guide for Direct Loan schools